- they don’t have fast enough wifi
- they don’t have enough devices
- they don’t have the right devices
- they don’t know how to use the devices
- they don’t know enough about different apps
…and so on and so on and so on
There is no question that we will never get to a place of perfect when it comes to the harmony of technology and learning in schools. It is naïve for us to think we will. But I would argue that in many cases, we are waiting for that perfect blend of “stuff” and “knowledge” before utilizing technology in student learning and as a result are missing out on many great opportunities to not only be “good” but actually be great.
I am always interested in how schools and districts are integrating technology with their students. Would love to hear from others what has worked and what has been an obstacle in your situation.